Diesel injector leak

Just bought a used 2001 Focus 1.8 TDCi. Noticed diesel smell and smoke from engine compartment. On inspection, I find diesel leaking from around the base of the injector where it goes into the block. How does injector assembly seal to the block ?

Reply to
Brian Clark

I don't know this truck in particular, but typically there are "O" rings on the top and bottom of the injector. a kit for one injector can be purchased at napa. I bought a set, as you have to remove the rail on some vehicles.

Reply to
densnet