Focus 1.8 TDCi - Tyres?

I have a 53 plate (UK) Focus 1.8 TDCi and need replecement tyres. I have always previously ised Michelins but the Focus originally had Continental Eco Contacts.

Anyone any views on what the optimum tyre is for this model? Most of my driving is commuting on Motorways.

Thanks

Paul

Reply to
Paul

I'd always used Eco-Contacts, and was happy with them apart from the high rate of wear. The last time I needed a set I was persuaded that Goodyear Eagle NCT5's were as good, but would wear more slowly. Wrong! I can't wait to get shot of them, and will change them early.

Unless you have a good reason, I would advise staying with the Continentals.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

I'm also a Michelin fan, and have recently replaced the 2 Goodyear NCTs and 2 Pirelli P6000s that were on my 2003 TDCi with a set of 4 Pilot Primacy. Too early to say about wear, but to be honest they felt a bit squishy at first, subjectively more understeery. But braking and grip in wet and dry are terrific, it's just the handling I'm not convinced about. I suspect the motorway mileage will be good

- I used to run Michelins of various varieties when I did >50k miles a year, and hardly ever had to buy more than a set a year.

Reply to
David Millen

dunlop's are specified by the lease company that supply my focus. Lowest chance of failure and best longivity for high mileage drivers. I get around

35K on fronts. 50K on rears I do 80K per year
Reply to
Robin