2001 Focus with 2.0

Trying to recharge the AC on my grandson's car and can't find the low
pressure valve for the AC. Anyone have any idea where to look?
Reply to
JerryL
the low pressure valve is in front of the splash guard in front of the right front tire by the bumper. pull the splash guard back to find it
Reply to
mikl
Might need this knowledge one day... What symtoms made you recharge the AC? and also what do you recharge it with?
Reply to
Shabs
He has a slow leak in the evaporator. The AC works for about a month or so then starts blowing warm air. He's brought it in to have recharged but it's expensive for a 17 year old kid. He purchased a kit from the auto supply that contains 3 cans of freon, hose, etc. If he can recharge the AC once a month or so and save the $900 they want to fix the leak, it's worth the labor.
Reply to
JerryL
You can get 134 with sealer in it. It's what the local ford dealer said to use. you can get it at your auto parts store. I refilled last spring with one can with sealer and an additional can until the temp was 40 45 degrees. No problem since
Reply to
mikl

Site Timeline Threads