Ford Focus fuel pump

What symptoms would I have if the fuel pump was failing on a Ford focus?

Reply to
Tom Kirkpatrick

Like what year etc. is your Focus? When mine was failing I would be driving 60 mph and the car would cut out and die - on the highway...I'd have to wait until the car cooled down then it was fine again for a while...it can differ. More info = more help. Linda

Reply to
HbgpodLW

"Tom Kirkpatrick" wrote in news:hqP7b.3403$ snipped-for-privacy@news20.bellglobal.com:

Quite often the car won't start.

Reply to
vince candline

Usually the pump either works or it does not. There is no inbetween. A failed pump will give you no fuel pressure and thus the engine won't run.

Banging the bottom of the tank sometimes will get it to go again breifly, but they very quickly fail altogether soon after.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

I'm not so sure of that. I think mine is getting weak. I can now starve the car for fuel on hard right turns, something I couldn't do when it was new. The fuel filter was recently changed, to no avail.

Reply to
Tony Wesley

Reply to
Sheila R. Hudson