'98 Focus Suspension Noise

I got a ?98 Focus 1.8 Zetec Hatch (UK version).. I get a lot of suspension noise (banging), especially when going over a hump. It sounds as if a coil spring is resettling.

Anyone out there experience the same - is this normal?

thx

Reply to
Alula

There is a TSB on this. The spring seats were revised.

Check with a dealer to see if your car has had the modification.

HTH

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

ah lets guess suddinly loads of speed bumps everywhere.... leading to suspension problems have a look to see if your spring has snapped(look right at the top)

Reply to
ford_technical_

Hi Dave, thanks for your reply. Seems you got some knowledge of this sort of problem. Do you know what cause this, I had a look at my coil springs, but can't see anything obvious.

A lot of people said that this is normal, but I can't believe it, why did it only start about a year ago. My car is 'fish talling' a lot, is this part of the problem?? Had the car from new, and the car only done 39K so far, I never had an accident or hit anything that could cause this.

Any help will be welcome. Arno

Reply to
Alula

"Alula" wrote

In the many replies to your complaints over the past few days, not one person said it's "normal". However many of us said it can be fixed. For this you need a competent professional, perhaps more competent than the ones you said looked at your car previously. Take them for a test drive and then let them put the car up on a lift and inspect it properly. This kind of problem is common on all makes and models of cars this old.

Reply to
Dave Gower

"Alula" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com...

There were problems with fast wearing front sway-bar link rod ends, on the Focus from the first years. Mostly felt/heard when going rather slowly on bumpy roads, when one wheel at the time hits the bumps. /per

Reply to
per

Early Focus's had problems with front springs breaking,US models, mine did, you won't really notice a change in the way the car sits, but you will hear it when you hit bumps.

Reply to
Rudolf Moehs