Anyone hazzard a guess at a replacement windscreen for a W Reg U.K model Focus Zetec , its a heated front window......A small stone or something has hit the window and caused it to crack.

Anyone hazzard a guess at a replacement windscreen for a W Reg U.K model Focus Zetec , its a heated front window......A small stone or something has hit the window and caused it to crack.

Paul.... :((

Reply to
Dirk Diggler

I replaced my Focus Zetec US windshield for about $175 US. But it wasn't heated.

--Mike

Reply to
Mike S.

Reply to
Dirk Diggler

Check your insurance- most cover windscreen replacement after a£30-50 excess of course...

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

But don't get a third party screen company to do it - go to Ford.

A household name glass company, lets call them CarGlass, spent over six months and countless attempts trying to get the replacement X-Reg Focus screen to stop leaking. At one point I had 3" of standing water in the cabin.

First visit to Ford sorted the problem - the common pollen filter issue *if the screen is not sealed correctly*.

And I'm sure the car has smelt musty since. But it's the wife's car and so it might be her.....

Reply to
Monkeys

Why can't you do it on your insurance??

It should cost you around £50 excess and it won't have any impact on you NCD.

Just a thought??

Reply to
Geoff

What, fix the musty wife? For £50? Bargain.

Joking aside, beware that insurance companies insist on which glass company to use (at least mine did). And that was the start of my troubles.

Reply to
Monkeys

For what it's worth I went to a private shop and had no problems, but that was in the US.

--Mike

Reply to
Mike S.