Cabin Air Filter

Does anyone know the correct way to install this. My car did not have one fitted, the after market part I bought states "...replacement is the exact reverse of removal..." noting that you must take notice of "...which way is up..." Well guess what? No old one to follow and the aftermarket part has zero markings to show which way is up!!! It does have a flap on one of the longer sides (it is rectangular in shape...anyone on here know which way is up????

Reply to
dixieaz

In message , dixieaz wrote

You obviously have a Haynes manual. :)

Not the answer to your question but take care when removing and re-fitting the cover. It is not unknown in this newsgroup for people to complain about water in the passenger foot-well after a dealer service where the cabin/pollen filter has been replaced.

Reply to
Alan

Google for focus "cabin filter" and you will do fine. Here are a couple pages to get you started.

You can dislodge, break and/or lose the plastic pins that seat it.

There was a design change to the panel so that water is diverted away from the air intake ... don't know when this happened. Say, pre-2002? AFAIK, the "scoop" under the panel is the change.

I bought a strip of butyl rubber sealant and carefully seated the cowl panel against the windshield as insurance against water getting into the car. This will be a nuisance for every filter change, but I hope to only do this every other year.

Simple filters can be had for approx. $10US. Pollen filters I understand are much more expensive. The butyl rubber rope was about $10 too. Enough for several cabin filter changes.

Good luck.

Reply to
eugene.henderson