Check Engine Light-Ford Focus ZTS 2001

My check engine light recently came on right after my fuel light came on (the check engine light came on about 5 miles after the fuel light). I put fuel in the car and the light is still on. As suggested in the ford manual, I've driven my car "3 drive cycles" (driving on freeways, residential streets, etc). The car seems to be driving okay. I've had the car for about a year with no problems and it has ~52K and it is due for an oil change in a week. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Reply to
sfede

My guess is that all's well and the light will go out. The "drive cycles" require a cold start followed by a run up to normal temps so I'd give it a couple more days. Let us know. Was your first light for low fuel or the loose fuel cap?

Most other issues that'll keep the light lit will let you know like the fuel pump or differential pressure module. If a fuel pump, note that you're probably covered by a warranty extension due to problems with original pumps. When was the fuel filter last changed?

Craig

Reply to
Craig