Ford Focus plus M-Sport WRC rallying again for next 4 years

Just saw this announcement about the Focus and Ford remaining in rallying for the next few years. EXCELLENT NEWS.

Thanks to 4Car website courtesy of Channel 4 - see

Ford has announced its motorsport programme for the next few years, confirming a four-year commitment to the World Rally Championships. The rally programme will continue in partnership with M-Sport, and from 2006, an all-new Focus RS WRC - which will have a road-going equivalent - will compete. Ford will also participate in Junior World Rally, Touring Car and Formula Ford championships, as well as selected one-make race series. The Fiesta JWRC car will also be developed by M-Sport, who will support privateer teams, and the Fiesta ST Cup may be extended outside of Germany to other European countries. A new Focus touring car has also been developed for sale to customer teams.

Justin Case

Reply to
Justin Case

Didn't Peugeot just get out? It's been years since I followed WRC religiously--is there still a FIA rally stop in N. America?

Reply to
Damon Scott Hynes

Damon, Please accept apologies for not replying to your query re Focus and = WRC. I have been unable to reply until now but the situation has also = changed so much in the last few days that no one is sure what is going = on. I follow the rallying by getting the newsletter from =

. It is an excellent service and it is =recommended to anyone who is interested in rallying and the progress of =the New Focus next year in rallying. It seems that the PSA teams of =Peugot and Citroen are pulling out of World Rally Championships after =next year 2005 after dominating it for the past 5 or 6 years.=20Seems like the strangest decision in the world of sports sponsorship. =Throw a great deal of money into it and then when you get success, =withdraw from it. I am sure there is more to it than that but no one is =sure who is in and who is driving for who next year.Cheers, Justin

--=20

Reply to
Justin Case

Seems like the strangest decision in the world of sports sponsorship. Throw a great deal of money into it and then when you get success, withdraw from it. I am sure there is more to it than that but no one is sure who is in and who is driving for who next year. Cheers, Justin

Happens all the time in F1, and when Toyota gets out of the IRL in 2006...

But it is too bad, since WRC is better racing than F1 and probably more technology transfer, too.

Reply to
Damon Scott Hynes