Just Purchased Focus And Warranty

I have just bought a 2000 Focus for $6k and a two year warranty for $900. Works out at just over $37 per month.

From reading all the small print it seems to be very comprehensive and covers me upto 15000 miles per year and has a $100 deductible.

Claims limited to $6k which is what i paid for the car. Sticker price was $8,800 but did some heavy duty haggling and at one point got up to walk out the showroom. I love this part of buying a car.

The full price was $1400 - now I realise there is a massive markup on these policies just so they can discount them to make it seem like you are getting a good deal.

The warranty is thru a third party insurance company called Prospective.

Small print says I can get a refund at any time minus a $35 admin fee and an adjustment for the miles I have done.

Only purchased today but wondering if buying a warranty on a car that is coming up 4 years old is really worth it.

Any one have any ideas or thoughts.

Reply to
John Charles

I have a similar extended warranty. It's not as comprehensive as a new car warranty, but the coverage it does provide allows me to sleep better at night.

Good luck with your new car.

Rob

Reply to
Specter