Need Info: 2002 OEM Radio Substitution

Hello all:

I have a 2002 ZX5 with a broken OEM 6-CD Changer unit. I want an OEM unit to replace it, but think maybe an OEM single-CD unit would be better than a

6-CD changer (less to break). EBay is filled with both OEM single-CD units and CD-changers.

Can anyone tell me if the (3) plugs that go into my 6-CD changer are exact fits for a single-CD unit from a 2002 Focus too? Is there any security issue I need to worry about (my 6-CD unit has a small removable security pannel) in mating a replacement unit to my car?

Also, some EBay single-CD listings mention "European plugs" versus "domestic plugs". Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks foa any and all info

Reply to
hankr