Re: Focus in for Service..

> > Well... Yet again my 1.8Tddi is in for Warranty Repairs. > > Bummer : ( > > > Screeching fanbelt - for it's 8th replacement. > > Handbrake - when engaging, even with the button full pressed, a large > > clunking sound is heard and felt. > > Excessive black smoke when accelerating (oil change only 7 months ago) > > Did you really mean to say seven months?? >

Yeah 7 months with only a couple of thousand miles driven in that time.. :o)

Reply to
Ian Clark

Is it getting enough use? Perhaps you need to let it clear its lungs- find a nice uphill a road or motorway section, stick in 3rd or 4th and keep it floored for 1/2 mile or so to clear out all the accumulated carbon.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

With a diesel, and to a certain extent a petrol car, if the engine doesnt reach a high enough temperature- alot of low speed running around town, carbon forms through incomplete combustion. This is especially so with engines using EGR, whose purpose is to lower combustion temperature (less NO's) Some carbon will remain clinging to the walls of the combustion chambers, most will stick in the exhaust.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..