Re: OT Wonder why we own Toyota? look at alt.autos.ford.focus

Of which, only 1 applies to my late model year 2001 Focus.

Meanwhile:

NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number: 02V074001.

Toyota Has Recalled the 2003 Toyota Corolla because the rear axle bolts may loosen.

Defect Summary: VEHICLE DESCRIPTION: PASSENGER VEHICLES. IT IS POSSIBLE FOR THE BOLT(S) TO BE LOOSE THAT JOIN THE REAR BRAKE AND HUB ASSEMBLY TO THE REAR AXLE CARRIER DUE TO INSUFFICIENT TIGHTENING DURING THE ASSEMBLY PROCESS.

So, let's see, in the recall count, it's 2001 Focus: 1, 2003 Corolla:

1.
Reply to
Tony Wesley

badraptor

In news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com, Tony Wesley being of bellicose mind posted:

Ford would not warranty the transmission and he DOES like the way the car drives on mountain roads. Spend your money on what's important to you. To my awareness, nobody has complained that Focus is a bore to drive.

Reply to
Philip®

Man, you have a seriously high "cylinder count", a term Peter Egan (Road & Track) coined. I'm trying to sell my MX-5 so I can get back to only one internal combustion device...

I'd love one, but a man can only have so many toys.

Stephen

Reply to
Stephen F.

Oh man, now you've done it. I suppose I should have mentioned that before the Focus, before the Corolla GTi, before the Corolla GTS, and before the VW Scirocco, I was a Fiesta owner! Now I'm going to have to write 8 paragraphs of prose to sing the praises of my long-gone, but never forgotten Fiesta. Man, that was a car. I blew it up in an autocross on a missed shift, so rebuilt that simple Kent motor with forged pistons and a hot cam. It was a giant killer. So much space, great handling, a nice shape. You line up a

1976 Corolla next to a 1976 Fiesta and tell me which is the more modern car. 1st generation Fiestas are still mixing it up in SCCA IT class racing. The 1st generation FWD Corollas (with those nice puke-brown plastic dashboards and crushed velour seats) are picking up the groceries, if they haven't returned to the earth as ferric oxide.

Stephen

Reply to
Stephen F.

In news:3fd436c4$ snipped-for-privacy@news.unibe.ch, Stephen F. being of bellicose mind posted:

There's that "cylinder count" thing again. I vaguely recall this going around once before. The wife has only 6 cylinders and 12 valves that are hers. I've got 12 cylinders and 48 valves spread across three vehicles. Hmmm.

Reply to
Philip®