Remote Key Battery Change (UK)

Does anyone know how simple changing the battery in my Focus' key is, and if simple, does anyone know the type of battery I need to buy? The battery in the remote 'Siemens' key must be about 5 year's old now, and has very little transmitting power to operate the remote central locking. I've not had a car with remote central locking before, so don't know if I'm best off changing the battery myself, or getting the garage to do it.

Any advice appreciated.

Chris

Reply to
Chris H

It's very simple; remove the ring from the tab, then gently pry apart with something flat, starting at the tab. Kinda work it around as it separates. Don't force it, as the plastic could easily break. I don't remember what battery went in mine, but it was a very common button/watch battery.

R**2 (Ron)

Reply to
ronrut

In message , Chris H wrote

Battery CR2032 (Lithium coin cell) 3V

It's a 30 second job with a medium size flat blade screwdriver.

Reply to
Alan

Many thanks for the advice

Chris