front end rattle

I have a rattle coming from both wheel wells. There appear to be loose screws, but they spin when I attempt to tighten them. There must be a nut in back, but I cannot reach the back. Has anyone found a fix for this?

Reply to
scottc

In message , scottc writes

What mileage do you have and what year of car is it? If you are getting the noise at low speed then it could be your anti-roll bar links which are a common problem on early models.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

It is an '01, and the rattle is only heard at or near highway speed or in high wind.

Reply to
scottc

In message , scottc writes

Fair enough, that rules out the drop links.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

The rattle is the wheel well liners, but I can't tighten the screws which hold them to the body parts.

Reply to
scottc

North American Focus - the wheel well liners are held on with plastic push pins. I have the same problem, the left side is worse than the right side. I was thinking of removing the wheel well liner and putting double sided adhesive foam tape in places to stop it from moving - -but on the other hand its just another annoyance one has to live with when you own a Focus..

The rattle is the wheel well liners, but I can't tighten the screws which hold them to the body parts.

Reply to
Gino