Installing a CD Player in my Bora disables the Remote Control central locking - please help.

Just installed a CD Player Head unit in my VW Bora but the Remote Control Central Locking stops working. Disconnecting the Power connector restores the Remote Control function. I can still use the Key to operate central locking but this is not convenient.

Any ideas what is causing this?

Any advice appreciated.

Reply to
Harry66

Don't wire the alarm wire from the OEM radio into your new radio!

Reply to
Woodchuck

Thanks for the reply - but how do I identify the Alarm wire? I have tried googling for a wiring diagram but not found anything identifies the alaram wire.

Harry66

What year you got, and correct me if I'm wrong, but is the Bora the same as a Jetta over here? USA

Reply to
Woodchuck

No Bora is more like a Passat but narrower- UK.

Reply to
Joe

Pins 9 & 10 are the CAN bus wires & pin 14 goes for the alarm. You shouldn't connect them to any aftermarket radio. For USA Passat.

Reply to
Woodchuck

Reply to
Randolph

Thanks for the replies and Yes the Bora is the Jetta in the USA. They keep changing the name here in the hope that the new model will sell better. The Jetta didnt sell mush so the next mk was called Vento and that didnt sell much so the next mk was called Bora. The Bora sold much better thanks to a clever marketing campaing that tried to sell the Bora as a small BMW 3 series competitor. So, I am not sure if they will stick to Bora whenever they release the booted version of the new Golf that has just come out here.

Reply to
Harry66