transmission shifting

I have a 2000 focus SE auto... and I have a 'funny' shifting characteristic I was wondering whether it was standard or if perhaps it's forecasting a future problem.

The best example is in traffic. If you're accelerating away from a stop, and the traffic infront of you is suddenly stopping, if the car is close to shifting from 1st to 2nd, and you lift off the gas (because, obviously, you now have to slow down), the ford tranny will feel like it will disengage and 'hang' for just a second or 2 before it'll select a gear.

I noticed on my highway trip this weekend, that maybe 1x each way, the tranny would go to shift on a long uphill, and it'll feel like it's a bit "indescisive" as it's shifting from 4 to 3, for example.

There's no noises or anything, and this may be just how THIS tranny is with the weak little ford engine... but I wanted to touch base with ya'll.

Thanks! Jon snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
Jon Patrick

Hi Jon. My 2000 SE wagon occasionally acts in a fashion similar to what you've described. As a precaution, I had the transmission fluid changed earlier this year (it was due anyway), but there was only a slight change in the shifting performance. I wonder, now, if it isn't a software issue. In any event, the car still performs satisfactorily.

Rob

Reply to
Basic Wedge

Thanks for the reply Rob,

Do you mind if I ask how many miles you've got on your chariot?? I'm working at about 32k right now.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Patrick

USE AMOIL FULL SYNTHETIC!!!!!

FORD OIL SUCKS BIG TIME.

TEST IT. IT BOILS OFF AT 255 DEG. F.

IT SUCKS.

AMSOIL GOES TO 425 DEG F EASY.

J12.

J> I have a 2000 focus SE auto... and I have a 'funny' shifting

Reply to
John Shock

In message , John Shock writes

Any particular reason for posting all that in capitals?

Reply to
Paul Giverin

Hi Jon.

My car just passed 71,000 km.

Rob

--------------------

"J> Thanks for the reply Rob,

Reply to
Basic Wedge

"Paul Giverin" wrote in

Yeah, he's flogging the stuff. You see this kind of post in various newsgroups over time.

Reply to
Dave Gower

In message , Dave Gower writes

I thought as much :)

Reply to
Paul Giverin

In alt.autos.ford.focus Paul Giverin :

[..]

Caps lock broken? Just another spammer? Who cares?

Reply to
Michael Heiming