'00 F150 extended inner door handle..

I just recently purchased a '00 F150 XL extended flare side with a 4.2 and the 5 spd. I love the truck but noticed the first time I went to open the rear door on the drivers side the door handle inside wouldn't work. The door handle on the side of the door works fine. Is there a way to fix this that doesn't involve the complete disassembly of the rear door, and if not how difficult would it be to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
Turfinator

Turfinator

I had a similar problem with my 97. I just wasn't pulling hard enough on the handle the dealer said it was common because it wasn't used much after that I made it habit to open the door using that handle and after a few months it loosened up and works just fine now. Jerry

Reply to
Jerry P

Reply to
Turfinator