'01 F-350 changing to electric telescoping mirrors...any tricks ?

I just bought a set of replacement electric telescoping mirrors for my F-350. Looks like a simple bolt on job but are there any tricks I should know about before trying the replacement? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Reply to
gbear

It is an easy job. You might need a deep well socket to get the nuts off, It has been a while so I can't remember for sure. You get the joy of pulling the door panels, but that isn't too hard. I think I also had to pull the speaker to unplug the old and plug in the new mirror. If you've ever thought of a speaker upgrade, that'd be a good time to do it. I don't have the truck here, I remember one screw in the courtesy light hole, and I think there might have been another somewhere; once they are out, pull off the plastic piece at the front of the door by the window and pull straight up on the door panel.

Reply to
Chris Hill