04/05 ranger, 4 cyl., 5 spd. auto

Any of you have one? I am going to be looking this weekend for one in hopes of finding a xlt for the deal I want. Going to get rid of my F150. Just wondering what your mileage is like. Had a 96 4.0 w/ the 5 spd. auto and the

5spd. really was nice in that. I realize it's gonna feel sluggish compared to my F150 V8, but does it feel peppy at all? Thanks.
Reply to
Paul O.

If you get the right rear end, it will feel peppy. Otherwise, it will not. Low gearing is great if you don't drive highway everyday. Low gearing won't hurt your gas mileage much, it will just make your truck work better. Except over 65 MPH.

Bill M

Reply to
Bill M