12/02 F-550 Parking lights wont shut off or turn on. help please.

I have a 2002 or 2003 F-550 XL super duty. The parking lights wont come on but the clearance lights do. If i jumper a hotwire to the parking lights and then remove they come on and STAY ON reqardless where the switch is. The switch is new. also, the only way to get them to turn off after removing jumper is to pull a 20a fuse in the fusebox or to disconnect the batterys. I disconnected all wires for the plow, and the dump box on it with the same results. I was thinking it was a problem in the fusebox, but before buying a new fusebox, wanted some advice.

thanx in advance (first post here)

Reply to
djdave

Do your emergency flashers work properly?

Reply to
I. Care

Yes, Hazards, turn signals, headlights, hi/low beam all work fine.

Reply to
djdave

I am not familiar with that truck, but the fact the they stay on regardless of switch position leads me to believe there must be a relay in the system some where, and that is what I would look at..

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

That was my first idea, so i pulled ALL relays and time delay boxes from the fusebox, and the exterior turn signal box, but nothing will turn them off.

Reply to
djdave

Reply to
djdave