cant jump battery/alarm wont turn off

i left the lights on in my car and the battery went dead. when i hooked jumper cables to the battery the car alarm started going off. now the car wont start and the alarm wont go off. i have no remote to turn the alarm off. how can i turn off the alarm and allow the battery to take a charge so the car can start?

Reply to
doneil81

What year/model is the car/alarm?

I had a 92 SE and never had the problem you describe. However, I installed a alarm in a sentra, and it does what you describe about 1/2 the time. do you have a light labeled security on the dash?

Gary K

Reply to
gary

i have a 96 maxima, there is a light labeled security on the dash but not button to turn it off. also if you dont konw how to solve the problem do you know the best service to call?

Reply to
doneil81

Hi,Ihave the same problem.If you solved this one,let me know.Thanks Larry.

Reply to
larry_i30