1985 ford f150, 4x4, 302

Hi i was wondering if any one has had a problem with the power steering attachment on the frame with cracking? and is there a fix for it or what is the best way to go around it? Notied it flexes the frame when i turn the steering. chadda

Reply to
hchadda

Not personally mine was from the rear duel shocks and driving too friggin fast and too many miles on dirt roads without a fish plate to bolster the frame.

Take it to a welder that specializes in welding vehicle frames. If you want to save some money and make it easier for him make your own fish plate drilled and mounted and ready to weld.

To make the job quicker and easier him (he was a busy sucker) I told him not drill the fish plates for the shock mounts I'd do that and find the grade-8 bolts (rivet replacements) myself. I also chiseled the shock mount's rivets off and removed the shock mounts for him too.

If you want to help out like that go by and ask him what he wants in the way of thickness and width, you could mount the fish plate and he could simply weld it.

Got big-ass tires? Lift kit? Both? :)

Alvin in AZ

Reply to
alvinj