1988 F150 ingition problem

When I insert the key and turn it, something isn't engaging. The electrical system works, but the engine doesn't turn. It feels like something has broken in the key assembly. How can I remove the key assembly from the steering column?

Thanks,

Steve

Reply to
Steve

My problem was that the key would not turn at all. A locksmith replaced the lock cylinder in minutes - new keys, no more problems. Fifteen years and goodness knows how many cycles - about $A100 for the repair. A =Oz.

Reply to
ken kerrison