1989 Bronco II Fuel Filter

Can anyone tell me where the fuel filter is located? I bought this truck late last year, and now its not running so good.

While driving, the 'check engine' light comes on and the engine dies immediately. Sometimes it starts back by itself (like if you had popped the clutch). When pulling up to a stop sign or light, as soon as the engine idles down, it dies. It always starts right back up, with just one crank. If I am accelerating, it runs ok, but if its cruising along or decelerating, it wants to die.

Like I said, I bought this truck late last year. So far, I've put in brakes, a starter, 5 tires, and fluid/filter changes, but I couldn't find the fuel filter.

Reply to
Mike

Look under the deivers side along the frame. It should be right under the driver side. There is a bracket holding it on and it will be a canister about as big around as a soda can and 4 or 5 inches long. My son bought a 89 Bronco II 4x4 this summer and we put alot of work into it so if you have any more questions just shoot one of us an e-mail. His is wildwes216 @aol.com, mine is snipped-for-privacy@aol.com. some of your problem sounds familiar, but we ended up replacing the fuel pump to resolve the issue. The fuel pump is located in the gas tank but be careful. Good luck.

Jay

Reply to
JWT6362

Thanks Jay! I'll look for it tomorrow morning. I sincerely hope it isn't the fuel pump, but I'd almost bet it is.

Mike

Reply to
Mike