1990 F-350 7.3 diesel - no fuel to injectors

Truck wouldn't start this morning, I could tell it wasn't getting any fuel. I checked pressure going into and out of the fuel filter, both were good. There is power going to the injector solenoid. Is there any way to tell if it is a bad injector pump (before I spend $400 on a rebuilt one)? Thanks for your help, Ben

Reply to
fish

Pull the return line off the top of the pump. Then remove the black adaptor fitting. Put the breather back on. If the truck starts, the pump is bad. Yes, fuel will fly around a bit, but it's a sure diagnosis of a bad pump.

Reply to
Steve Barker

If you go to

they have a whole bunch of tech articles on IDI 6.9 and 7.3L engines, as well as a ton of guys with mega hours logged on these engines.

Ford tech

Reply to
Ford Tech