1995 F150 Heat Problem

I have a 1995 XL 4X4 and the heat is not working and I believe it is the knob that changes the heat from cold to hot. When I went to change the knob from cold to hot there was a lot of tension in the knob and it wouldn't go all of the way to hot. I forced it to go now all I have is lukewarm heat does anyone know how hard it is to repair this?

Reply to
Pat_RI

||I have a 1995 XL 4X4 and the heat is not working and I believe it is the ||knob that changes the heat from cold to hot. When I went to change the knob ||from cold to hot there was a lot of tension in the knob and it wouldn't go ||all of the way to hot. I forced it to go now all I have is lukewarm heat ||does anyone know how hard it is to repair this?

I expect that moves a cable to operate the hot/cold blend door. Should be realtively easy to locate, and lubricate. Texas Parts Guy

Reply to
Rex B

I had a similiar problem last year with my 92 f-150. I ended up breaking the switch. Along with replacing the switch I found a pencil and a set of keys blocking the plenum door, which is next to the heater core. This door is controled by the heat/cool switch. Both the plenum (not sure if I am spelling it correctly) door and the heater core are easy to get to right behind the glove box. While I was at it I took out my heater core and had it flushed for about $15

Hope this helps.

--Mike

Reply to
Mike L.