1995 F350 PSD...opinions?

I am looking for a farm truck, and have found a relatively low mileage, one owner, very clean 1995 PSD F350, with SRW. Is this a decent year for the PSD, and can I have other opinions on the suitability of this truck for general use? Not travelling too far usually, but will be pulling tractors and implements from time to time. Will the SRW be a disadvantage?

Also, this is a crew cab, so has anyone had any problems with the integrity of the frame since it spans such a long wheelbase? Never owned anything like this, so would like opinions before I buy one. I would like the room of the crew cab, but not if it will be at the expense of any type of durability.

Thanks, Tim

Reply to
Tim

I have a 95 f350 PSD with SRW, 410 rear end, and also a 4 door long bed with 120000 miles and it still is running good and have had no major problems. The only problems I have had are a cam sensor sending unit, a couple of glow plugs, and the worst problem was some kind of fuel pump thing that I did not change out but a mechanic did, located on top of the engine towards the rear. It's pretty hard to get to so it wasn't real cheap to fix. It wasn't the injector pump. It started leaking fuel so it had to be fixed right away. Oh yeah I did change out the water pump myself but that's about it. I tow a 26' travel trailer that weighs around 6000 lbs. We go on several trips throughout the year but other than that it is just used for city and a lot of highway trips. I plan on keeping it for at least 5 more years. Hope that helps your decision some. Also I haven't seen any problems with the frame or any other structural problems with my 4 door. Good Luck, Randy

"Tim" wrote in message news:tjYZa.2611$ snipped-for-privacy@nwrddc01.gnilink.net...

Reply to
dad2468