Jeep Unlimited

Hey folks...been off list for a while focusing on my other automotive hobby, as it is nearing completion I can once again pay more attention to my Jeep. My apologies if this topic has already been through the wringer...but...any reaction to the new Jeep Unlimited? Should I just go back a few weeks on posts before I embarass myself further..lol.

Jerry S.

99 TJ ..needs new shoes...and more mud time 87 Porsche 944...in the final stages of a tranplant
Reply to
Jerry Slaughter

I think it's a good addition and is similar to the old Jeep Scrambler. The longer wheelbase has a lot of advantages over a SWB Jeep, especially in steep climbs and the ability to carry more camping gear. I know I'm always feeling at a loss for enough space to carry enough gear for my son and I on longer campouts in my TJ.

Jerry

wringer...but...any

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

If it were actually a remake of the Scrambler, it would be great, but the Scrambler was more of a small pickup and the TJ-U is simply a stretched TJ, with 4-place seating. I love the way the rear seat fold & tumble is spring-loaded, don't know if that's available on current TJ's but it's neat how you pul one lever at the the seat just pops out of the way.

One major disadvantage is that the soft top on a TJ-U is a big compromise...you can only fold back the portion over the front seats, or else remove it completely...it doesn't fold down all the way like a standard TJ.

  • * * Matt Macchiarolo
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

i agree and disagree. while the longer wheelbase makes it more stable at an angle, it also decreases ground clearance indirectly through killing the breakover angle. im curious jerry, at what point you consider longer wheelbase to become a hindrance. a crew cab f350 has a lot more wheelbase and would be very stable on a steep hill.....until you tried to break over the top of it.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier