2000 F150 Power steering question

1)I have a 2000 F150, 4X4, that has made a now when the steering wheel has turned since I've owned it. It is like a "hissing" sound, no problems with the steering itself. The fluid is fine, haven't had to add any. Any ideas?

2) The driver's side window has quitting going down all the way. You can put it down about 1/3rd of the normal distance, but won't go down beyond that. Where is the best place to get a replacement window motor?

Thanks for any input.

Reply to
cubsfan96

This may help. Ford has or at least had a power steering additive to reduce the "howl" from their power steering pumps.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Ford power steering pumps for years have made a lot of noise. In the past what I have done is to vacuum the fluid out of the pump reservoir and then replace the fluid with Synthetic power steering fluid. This will eventually quiet down the pump....

Reply to
450SL_Dude