2003 ford

i have a 2003 ranger edge standard and my clutch is loose ( easy to press) what could cause this

Reply to
grand am

A weak pressure plate.

Reply to
Tyrone

What do you mean by loose? I had a 93 F150 and the clutch was easy to press. Hydraulic clutches are. If you are used to mechanical style clutches, then a clutch with hydraulic assist is going to feel "easy". Is there slack in the pedal? Is the clutch slipping?

Charles Perry P.E.

Reply to
Charles Perry

Low fluid?