2004 ranger dash light

BlankI drive a company 2004 Ranger with a cap. At about 5,000 miles the dash lights stopped working. Since I only drove it in the daytime I waited for the 30,000 mile maintenance to get it fixed. The dealer fixed the problem last week and the lights worked for five seconds. I brought it back and this time the dealer said it was caused by the company that installed the cap. How could the dash lights work for 5,000 miles with the cap on? He offered to fix it for a fee. I've had problems with this dealer with my personal Ranger before. The only good ford dealer that fixed my Ranger is 40 minutes away.

Reply to
rppb
?

?

?

Reply to
351CJ

"rppb" wrote in news:S5wmd.95118$HA.89873@attbi_s01:

It would be pretty easy. if the cap was set on a wire (or put through a unprotected hole) it took some time to wear through it. KB

Reply to
Kevin Bottorff

This is just a guess, but I don't believe the dash harness is routed through the bed of the truck.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

The dash lights are on the same fuse as the marker lights, so that circuit could be routed through the cap.

Reply to
Michael O

I was just being silly.

I didn't intend for that post to have any worthwhile content.

Later,

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

Reply to
rppb

I wouldn't blame the maker, just the dealership or cap installer. That's like blaming Colt for one of their guns killing someone, instead of the person doing the shooting.

Blame the person or persons who did the damage to your vehicle in the first place.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader