2005 F-150: Mystery Object Behind Mirror?

viz:

I'd like to get rid of it so I can mount a dash cam and have it obscured by the mirror.

Anybody know what it is?

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

It is the compass.

Reply to
marlin.singer

Per snipped-for-privacy@verizon.SPAMDAM.net:

I could live without that - especially since it's output is virtually illegible while driving (it shows next to the odo, which is also mostly illegible).

But the more I look at it, the more it seems like it's too integrated into the mirror and it's attachment point.

Does anybody know where to find a drawing of how the parts go together - and potentially come apart?

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

See if BlendMount make a radar detector mount for your truck. That would make a nice, secure camera mount with only a little finagling. Of course, that would preclude mounting a radar detector in that location, if such is important to you.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Per Nate Nagel:

I did an end run and got a smaller cam - where the camera and recording unit are separate.

The 1st one will go on the rear-window once I find a switched 12v source in the rear of the cabin.

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)