3.0 hp

Was looking this morning for the ranger 4cyl, auto xlt. Jeesh, nobody has any. Anyway at one dealer they had a nice reg cab, 3.0 5 spd. auto'05' at a good price and also a '03' certified with warranty to 75,000 miles. It has about 22,000 thousand miles on it, and is a little over $1000 cheaper. Is there a difference in hp between the 03 and the 05? thanks.

Reply to
Paul O.

Other than cosmetic, there is little difference.

I'd look harder for the 4 Cyl if that is what you really wanted. In the '05s, the 3.0L has only 7 more hp and fuel economy is much worse. The 4 Cyl gets 24/29 and the 3.0 V6 gets 18/22. My '04 4 Cyl (same as 05) has 3.73 gears and I rarely see below 27mpg. and have got over 30 mpg on the hiway. John

Reply to
JohnR66

I have a 03' with a 3.0, I get the same mileage or less than my Astro van full of people gets, 20 highway maybe, 15 or so in town. Doubt they changed the 3.0 any.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Reply to
Paul O.