4x4 locking hubs conversion kits

Hi all,

I own a 2005 F-150 STX with the "automatic" 4x4 hubs and would like to replace them with manual locking hubs. Does anyone have any suggestions of which conversion kits are the best? Are they all about the same? Any "gotchas" to watch out for?

Thanks for any input.

Reply to
Peptide One

To my knowledge, there aren't any and probably never will be. The hubs on these are a whole different animal than what was on the 96 and earlier trucks. Do a search on integrated wheel end. Hits at

will give you some info on the system.

Reply to
Marlin Singer

What year was the change made on F150's? Does my 2002 have the same design as the 2005?

Reply to
Ole

Actually your 02 doesn't have hubs per se. They have CV joints and all locking/unlocking of the front axle is done at the differential. This was done this way from 97 to 03 and with the 04 Heritage. The new model

04 and up have the IWE. 96 and older had either the manual or auto hubs that stuck out.
Reply to
Marlin Singer