6.0 Turbo Diesel

Anyone know where I can find the MPG on the web for Fords 6.0L Power Stroke Turbo Diesel? Thanks, Mike

Reply to
Mike

Days and days of reading about the 6.0, it's fuel mileage (which will depend on many factors) and it's numerous problems can be found at thedieselstop.com.

AW

Reply to
Hattmakr

You will find info at The DieselStop.com

I personally get around 17.8 so far but haven't put the last few tanks into the computer yet.

BTW, I have the TorqShift tranny and 3.73 rear 4X2

Mike wrote:

Anyone know where I can find the MPG on the web for Fords 6.0L Power Stroke Turbo Diesel? Thanks, Mike

Reply to
John T Marshall

Reply to
James Gemmill

Stay tuned my friend, your mileage will GREATLY increase as you put miles on that 6.0!

-BunnMan

Reply to
BunnMan

That will be nice.

Reply to
James Gemmill

I have a 2003 6.0 F-250 FX-4 w/the AT and tow a Haulmark LowHauler motorcycle trailer (7x14) loaded with 2 big V-Twin Cruisers, one an 800 pounder and the other a 700 pounder plus gear (jacks, helmets, jackets, ramps, two spare tires, etc.) from Atlanta, Ga to Sierra Vista, AZ. The distance traveled was about 1750 miles. I averaged around 13 mpg. I have a heavy foot and do a lot of driving between 75 and 80. On the return trip through western New Mexico to I-40, I averaged the same.

When not towing, I got as high as 20 mpg but I haven't gotten that since the computer was reprogrammed by Ford. The dealer reprogrammed the computer because the truck would not at times not accelerate.

Reply to
Dee Plo