88 Bronco

When my engine is idle it makes a weird noise, cant figure out what it is, and rpm gage goes up and down by itself withought me hitting the gas!! whats going on?

Reply to
Tina

How many times are we going to have to answer this question, Tina? I know you've asked it at least three times. I gave you a pretty lengthy explanation a couple weeks ago, and now you're asking all over again.

You almost certainly have a vacuum leak. If it's not that, then you may have a very worn timing set. The place to start is by checking all the vacuum system. In fact, since it's so old, I'd just replace every vacuum hose, and check the gaskets in the intake while you're at it.

With the limited description you're giving, that's about the best guess anyone's going to be able to give. By the way, if you're anywhere near the Washington DC metro area, I'd be glad to take a look at your truck, free of charge, to point you in the right direction.

CJB

Reply to
CJB

You already have a thread started on this. Telling CJB to calm down isn't going to get you help.

He's obviously your best bet right now.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

I've figured out the problem CJB. Your responses haven't been correctly phrased so Tina can understand it. Therefore, I'm fixing it below:

you've asked it at least three times I gave you a pretty lengthy explanation a couple weeks ago and now you're asking all over again you almost certainly have a vacuum leak if it's not that then you may have a very worn timing set the place to start is by checking all the vacuum system in fact since it's so old I'd just replace every vacuum hose and check the gaskets in the intake while you're at it with the limited description you're giving that's about the best guess anyone's going to be able to give by the way if you're anywhere near the Washington DC metro area I'd be glad to take a look at your truck free of charge to point you in the right direction

Just joking having a spot of fun! :)

Reply to
IYM

Oh trust me i know exactly what he is telling me and what he doesnt know is that i have already done all that, so it has to be something else, there is just a lot of different things that can go wrong on a vehicle that old an the miles are rollover no telling how many miles are actually on it. so excuse me if i put it out there three times for other suggestions

Reply to
Tina

Are you now saying, Tina, that you haven't told us the whole story? Nowhere have you said that every vacuum hose was replaced, and that the intake gaskets for the upper plenum, EGR valve, IAC, etc were all checked or replaced. I HIGHLY doubt that, considering the difficulty getting to the hoses under the upper intake plenum, for example.

For that matter, you haven't even told us which engine you have. It's a V-8, you say. Well which one? My goodness! You don't know what engine you have, you either don't know or refuse to tell us what has already been done, you can't even describe the noise you're complaining of, and then you get upset when we can't fix your truck over the internet?

CJB

Reply to
CJB

wow i dont see what your getting so upset about, i never said i wanted anyone to fix my vehicle over the internet. I think i will just stop posting message cause obviously people on here arent too freindly. Im just a workin girl tryiing to get some input i dont want an online brawl. - bye

Reply to
Tina

Your "brawl" was insighted when you typed and sent this little snipit "calm down". If you don't want people bristling, don't rub them the wrong way...

Reply to
My Names Nobody

I think she needs a good ol' fashion facial.

Reply to
Dave Lee

C'mon now. That's way over the line. She may lack netiquette, but there's no reason to attack a person like that.

CJB

Reply to
CJB