9" Rearend Info Needed

I have a 9" rearend (in another vehicle of mine) that does NOT have a Tag or any other ID on it. I was told it was a 3.91 gear set, but I'm not sure.

Can someone explain how to determine what gear set is in it and if it's a Locker or not.

ERIC

89 5.0 LX Vert, Cobra long block, 2.5" O/R H-pipe, 2.73s w/Locker 40 Series Deltas and some kinda Wild Assed Cam!

--->> FOR SALE

Reply to
Katmandu

On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 02:24:42 +0000, Katmandu rearranged some electrons to form:

With both rear wheels off the ground,turn the driveshaft, count the number of revolutions needed to turn the axle one revolution.

If you have a regular diff, spinning one wheel will make the other wheel turn in the opposite direction.

Reply to
David M

On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 14:28:20 +0000, Katmandu rearranged some electrons to form:

Multiply the result by 2 if only one wheel was turning, that should be your gear ratio.

Reply to
David M

Actually, I did do a preliminary check a few weeks ago....

The driveshaft test yield slightly less the (2) Turns of the Driveshaft Vs (1) Tire rotation. Yes (2). ????

Also, when I turned the one tire, the other didn't move (if I remember correctly). I'll have to jack the car up again and re-do this test.

Reply to
Katmandu

Cool!

Thanks!