92 Ford Ranger Problem

I have a 92 Ford Ranger I drove it to work one day it started and ran fine. I went to leave for lunch and it would not start, Took me 20 minutes to get it started. It idled a little fast and you couldn't give it any gas, Or it would cut out and backfire.

I've changed the fuel filter, fuel pump, stark plugs, wires, rotor, cap, mass air sensor, throttle position sensor. I don't know what else to try??? The only thing that came back when hooked up to a computer is snap throttle, I was told that was the same as the throttle position sensor.

Any help would be most appreciarted. I've been messing with it for a month now. Email me at: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
Richard

djdave

Could be your timing belt slipped a tooth on start up, especially if it's the 4-cyl.

Reply to
Al Bundy