F-650 Jet Truck dragstrip test run

Getting closer to a full run. Still needs roll cage and chute to do a full burn.

1D10T

So you say. Did you even listen to the commentary in that video? The Women that apparently works there was laughing and saying things like "that's a fake", "that's all he does" and questioning why there was a need for a rescue chase.

And what about the suspension and tires? I believe you had stated in a previous post that this truck with the smoke machine would do 300+ mph. Good luck with that.

This is just thinly veiled spam.

Reply to
Donut

Yup.

Did you even listen to the commentary in that video?

Nope.

Because he's not prepared for a full burn. It doesn't matter what she says or thinks.

and questioning why there was a

Insurance regs.

Here's what I posted 6/5: "Notice that the available demos were in parking lots, etc. I don't think Hooters wants a truck going through the parking lot at 300 mph. :-)"

See the smiley, Jerkoff?

What makes you think I need your approval. Your envy is thinly veiled. And yes this is spam - if being proud of my son's accomplishments is such. Get your own $150K 650 and a $65K Ranger and show everybody. Take a hike loser.

Reply to
1D10T

If you can't walk the walk, don't talk the talk.

Come back when this 'thing' is able to something other than make noise and smoke.

Reply to
PeterD

What is it that you and the other lame-ass don't understand about 'test' in the subject line. You're both making a public display of your low I.Q.'s

Definition of 'test': Trial run-through of process: a trial run-through of a process or on equipment to find out if it works.

Now you know - that is if you can decipher the meaning of those words.

Definition of 'decipher: Make out what something says: to succeed in establishing what a word or piece of writing says when it is difficult or almost impossible to read.

Let me know if you need any more help, I'll be glad to assist.

Reply to
1D10T

"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!"

Your screen name about says it all.

Reply to
Old Crow

What is it that you don't understand that you are not building anticipation for a great thing, but instead just trolling for whatever? When it really does what you claim, post it, but useless videos of a truck driving around with a smoking surplus jet engine are not interesting, except to you.

You trialed nothing.

And it didn't work, did it? Just noise, just smoke, no go.

Above, decipered very well.

Please decipher my first comment above. When it does something other than smoke and noise, come back. Till then, work on the truck, not waste time on the forum.

Yea, do a real run with the engine doing some work, or STFU.

Reply to
PeterD

He will when he's got everything working to spec. This ain't a little boy's toy like you play with.

Reply to
1D10T

Man. the jealousy is rampant in this group, not to mention low IQ. Another lamer who doesn't understand the meaning of 'test' run. Go play with your hot wheels sonny.

Reply to
1D10T

Kind of what you're doing, isn't it? Just making lots of vroom, vroom noises and not much else. What exactly do you hope to ultimately accomplish anyway?

Reply to
scrape

First of all, this is a show truck, not a drag vehicle, and it's not mine, it's my son's. It's being developed and tested systematically to ensure performance, endurance and safety. The day of the video was a freebie for the dragstrip operators. It will not be used in competition. The show venues pay big money for him to attract crowds. Sometimes it's a fire, noise and smoke display, other times it's parked in front of new businesses for grand openings. People like it for what it does, and it's a daily driver.

Here's a photo of the truck leaving my house in Florida on its way home from a Monster Truck event in LaPorte, IN earlier this month. That job paid $10K:

He has almost $150K in it and expects to break even by the end of the summer, after only 8 months of work. Eventually he'll make a full quarter-mile run, but definitely not at full thrust - ever hear of the Darwin Awards? Most of the responders to this thread talk like he should go full blast first time out. He's not a fool, and won't do something stupid to please a bunch of jerks.

My OP was to show it off and of course, publicize it, and I understand that this NG isn't the best place for that. He has his own paid promoters and paying sponsors.

I thought reasonable people might interested in what he's doing, and I never expected the number of asinine replies that have been made from people who likely drive cute little Rangers with pretty paint and wheels, with over-driven boom boxes. Hot stuff! It's been enjoyable seeing the level of intelligence they display. I think they really feel they can piss me off. They're funny to say the least. I did want this to be a friendly thread. Oh well. I think I'll next post some links to his '98 Ranger with a Cummins diesel that does 185 mph at 3200 rpm. It's also a *show* truck. I hope this clears things up. Have a good day. Joe Arnold

Reply to
1D10T

I saw the smiley. But I'm still unsure as to how it applies to what you said. I just assumed that you were referring to not going 300 mph through a parking lot, not that the truck could never go 300 mph. Which is it?

You certainly don't need my approval, which is fortunate for you, because you aren't going to get it. Just as I certainty don't seek or expect your approval for saying that I think your posts are spam. Your son apparently has his own shop, good for him. You have a reason to be proud. He's probably especially proud of you when you start calling people names or questioning their intelligence quotient. That's bound to boost his business. That last part was sarcasm, just to be clear.

I can assure you that this has nothing to do with envy, veiled or otherwise. Even if I had all the money in the world, it would never occur to me to do something like your boy does with this smoke blower, I think it's silly. I'm not saying it's wrong, and more power to the folks that enjoy that sort of thing, just that I find it silly. I've never been to any sort of "monster truck" event, auto race (though I have seen parts of them on T.V.) or anything related to motorized "speed". Just not my thing.

But thanks for providing the dictionary definitions of some of those REALLY big words you used in other posts. Who knew you could go to a website and copy and paste? That's going to be a real time saver :) More sarcasm.

Reply to
Donut

8 months? The earliest vid on youtube is dated 1/6/08. Did he buy it used? I know of the Darwin awards, so you say he's not in the running this year?

I disagree. I think most were saying "put up or shut up", or something of that nature. Good to hear he's not as reactionary as his father. Well maybe he is, he just hasn't demonstrated it in this group, as far as I know.

Publicize it, paid promoters and paying sponsors... Can you possibly see where someone might construe that as spam? Especially when you say you understand that this NG isn't the best place for that sort of thing?

I might be interested the mechanical side of the process, the construction. But the same smoke blowing, flame throwing vids in different locales is boring to me, and apparently to others. When he gets it up to speed, post those links.

Apparently "they" did piss you off, enough at least to make you resort to name calling . Is everyone that disagrees with you unintelligent? Do you have no room for dissenting points of views? And they're all likely to drive "cute little Rangers?" And what if they did? You're not one of those people that values appearance over substance, are you? Where I'm from, we'd call the being shallow, and in my opinion, that's one of the worst kinds of ugly you can be.

Good day to you too.

Don

Reply to
Donut

LOL The truck was bought new in mid '06. The present jet engine was installed late '08. I think the above seems to imply he'll make $150K this year - no - the jet was $65K, which he'll recover soon. I'm not sure when the first vids were made or if they were posted right away. The early ones were with a different engine, installed late '07 I believe.

Guilty

He's not a NG user. His full time job is as an A/C contractor in Ft. Lauderdale. With work and the truck he hasn't much time for computers.

I realized up front that it looks like spam, but truthfully it's mostly a father's pride.

It's an awesome piece of machinery. When I see him again I'll get some detailed shots of the system. The chrome-moly mounting assembly for the engine is really well done, as is the fuel plumbing. The fuel pump motor is rated at 28 v @ 900 amps.

But the same smoke blowing, flame throwing vids in

For sure. But it won't be doing 300 mph. In the video, thrust was only partial and for 4 seconds duration. I'm not sure what he'll finally decide as far as limits are concerned. It's not a race vehicle.

I said it was enjoyable. The ones wanting him to go full bore with an as yet unfinished truck aren't exactly the sharpest knives in the drawer. Hell, it doesn't even have a roll cage.

Asinine replies often come from practiced flamers and out of envy. I'm guilty of responding to their confrontational attitude.

Right or wrong, I replied in kind. Should I have thanked them?

Thanks for your interest Don.

Reply to
1D10T

It can't go 300 mph, or I should probably say it won't. Tires notwithstanding, the truck weighs a lot less the the F-5 the engine came out of.

You bet. The show in LaPorte paid $10K for three shows in three days.

See above. $10K worth of silly.

I'm not saying it's wrong, and more power to the

It sure pays well. Especially when it's basically a hobby for him. I got a kick out of seeing pictures of him signing autographs on everything from hats to tube-tops. I think it's silly of the people getting them. Like pro wrestling fans.

LOL Glad to see you have the IQ to figure out how I did that. (Sarcasm) Joe

Reply to
1D10T

Diesel wrote. I was bored and looked at his pics. I've come to the conclusion that his jet truck is a sham. Or he's was just clueless about his engine choice when he bought it. he dont have money to build one right. hes living with the engine choice mistake. He bought a surplus F5 engine which is underpowered for his truck. A lot underpowered. I can't say how much . Because I dont know how much the truck weighs. But the thrust to weight ratio can be used to figure acceleration speeds. I can guess its

50% to 80% underpowered. Based on the thrust of other drag jet trucks engines . It would be ok in a light funny car maybe. But he needs a much larger engine for the weight he's trying to move in a quarter mile. I doubt he could get much past 130 in a quarter mile. Im thinking he should accelerate like an airliner. Not a dragster. They dont let drivers open them engines up. They dont want compressor blades flying through the crowds. And they arent required to maintain them for full power runs. He's just kinda screwed unless he gets a much larger surplus engine. He's pretty much got a truck that needs to be at Bonneville salt flats to have enough room to get up to some unknown speed. He doesnt have any choice but to blow smoke and fire and waste gas. It wont do 300mph runs with that engine in a quarter mile. Maybe not even a mile or even at all.
Reply to
None4U