ABS Light

Hello

I have a '94 Ranger. A couple of years ago I had to slam on the brakes to avoid hitting a newspaper vendor standing in the middle of the street. The ABS light came on and I took the truck to my mechanic for an $800 brake job. Now I've had to slam on the brakes again (another car this time), and again the ABS light is on, as well as the red brake light on the left of the dashboard. What ~ I have to pay $800 every time a need an urgent braking?

Is my mechanic ripping me? He has an honest reputation. Anybody tell me what's going on with the ABS light and what questions I should ask the mechanic?

Thanks.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Drake

The actual brake light (e-brake idiot light) will illuminate if your brake fluid is low in the reservoir. If your fluid was real dirty and you managed to push a lot thru the ABS pump that may have triggered the ABS light but I can't be sure on that.

Check your invoice for your last $800 job, what did they do?

See this link for exactly what you are describing. E-Brake Light:

RABS Light:
Good luck!

Reply to
IanCT