Anyone drive an '05 SuperDuty Yet?

I'm curious about the new towing package.

Reply to
XLanManX

Do you mean the one that will tow 19,100 lbs? With the torque shift tansmission and trailer brake controls built right into the dash?

: I'm curious about the new towing package.

Reply to
THOR

Yea, that's the one. And the new towing package is what I'm interested in, too. I have an '03 Superduty with 6.0/5sp and SRW. I don't feel comfortable towing more than approx. 10K pounds. I'm thinking about trading up for an '05 if the reviews are good.

Reply to
XLanManX

Need a serious pickup for towing, check here

10K should neve be a problem.
Reply to
lugnut

I checked that thing out a couple weeks ago. I was kinda disappointed in the towing specs.. I was hoping to seething on the order of

20,000lbs. :)

I'm wondering when the 1st truck mag is gonna stuff some 40" mudders under the thing...

Reply to
The OTHER Kevin in San Diego

The info I saw on the Navistar site does not give tow rating. The load rating appears to be about 10k. Another article I saw ar MSNBC gives the tow rating at 20 tons. That should cover most RV's. Anything above that, the owner should consider class 7 or 8 tow units.

Reply to
lugnut

I double checked the link last night. Curb weight was something like

14,000 lbs and tow capacity was 15,000 lbs. Still, I'd love to have one just for the sheer size of the thing. It looks like it'd dwarf my SuperDuty..
Reply to
The OTHER Kevin in San Diego