battery meter and engine question

When truck is running my battery meter gauge is flicking back and forth. What does this mean.

Also can you flood a fuel injections engine.

Reply to
guzman1

: When truck is running my battery meter gauge is flicking back and forth. : What does this mean. : Generally, it means you have a dirty electrical connection somewhere - could be the plug at the alternator, cab, panel... or just engine/battery/frame ground, but it will be in the wiring of the charging circuit. Oh yeah, could also be that the battery is getting too old and is starting to break down inside - leading to an overvoltage condition. I'd stick a VOM into the circuit and see what's what.

: Also can you flood a fuel injections engine.

Takes real effort - in drive, hold the brakes on firmly, and add as much throttle as possible w/out moving, for as long as you can... then abruptly let off the gas. Should have loaded up the engine and fooled the computer enough to kill the engine.

Dave

Reply to
David Ward

Reply to