Big O brand tires

Has anyone used the Big O brand, if so, did you, do you, like them? My current Wranglers on my 03 Ranger should be good for a few more months, so figure they will be good to 40,000 miles so I'm starting to check out tires now. Thanks.

Reply to
Paul O.

The Big-O brand is more of a test bed...there are more than a few companies that put 'Big-O' on there tires so if they are junk it doesn't effect their reputation. I know for sure that Kelly/Springfield is the main company and I heard Cooper might be another one. There are a few tire models that are manufactured for Big-O specifically, but I don't recall which ones. There was a Big-O Legacy car tire that I was nothing short of thoroughly impressive, but don't know the Root company who manufactured it.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Hmm, interesting. Maybe a good idea to stay away from these. Thanks for the info.

Reply to
Paul O.

They were okay on my f350. My best recommendation is find the place that has the longest hours and does free rotations, for me that was Sam's club.

Reply to
Chris Hill

I also want to check out the Ford dealer for tires that I go to for service, although they advertise comparable prices, I'm sure they are on the upper end of the price scale. I just don't like going here for this, and there for that. Usually have them do the tire rotation while I am getting the oil changed, ect. Much more convenient.

Reply to
Paul O.

I don't pay to have the oil changed. Last time I did, only really good luck kept the filter from falling off.

Reply to
Chris Hill

i have been using the best big o tire on our family cars for many years. i think they are a great tire. i was a michilin man . lucas

ds549