Body repair/insurance question

The entire left side of my 1999 F-150 was trashed by a commercail moving van. Fault isn't in question, since I was at a stop light, and he left his loading gate down and raked it accross my truck while turning.

The auto body place is recomending a used door as opposed to a new one, they say that :

1) It can be easier than new, as it has all the nuts, screws and such. 2) The insurance company will prefer it.

I don't care what the insurance company prefers, but does anyone know if theirs any reason to think that going with a used door will result in a better, or at least comparable repair? It just doesn't sound right to me.

-- Josh

Reply to
JDub

Mistercmk

the new door will most likely be a door skin only, which has to be welded to the door frame. It will never be as good as the factory. If this is the case, get the used one. If they are going to purchase an entire door assembly new, by all means, get that.

Reply to
Pygoscelis Papua

Get a new door.

Reply to