Brakes

I have a 2000 f-250 super duty v-10 and had to replace the master cylinder. I tried bleeding the brakes and they are not holding pressure, especially when the engine stars up. Is there something I need to do diff from the usual brake bleed protocol?

Reply to
steve97502

When you say 'not holding pressure', does that mean when you put your foot on the brake, the pedal slowly sinks to the floor and the brakes release?

-phaeton

Reply to
phaeton

when you say you tried, what exactly do you mean? Did you get all the air out? It seems that you didn't. After changing the master cylinder, you might want to try using a pressurized bleeding method.

Reply to
Mike H

Did you bench bleed the master before installing it?

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning