Bronco - fuel Inj to Carb conversion

I've got a 1986 bronco with a 2.9 engine, I'd like to convert from a fuel injection system to a Carburetor. Anybody have any advice?

Like what parts I need for this, Manifold - Carb and such.

I've searched the web and found nothing of use. TIA

Reply to
Trax

You have found nothing of use, because that is a really silly thing to do. Carburetors are inferior to Electronic Port Fuel Injection in every respect. EFI eliminates altitude air fuel mixture problems, float bowl angle issues, is smother, cleaner and more efficient.

What would ever inspire someone to spend time and money to give such a performance and reliability hit to there vehicle?

Reply to
351CJ

|>You have found nothing of use, because that is a really silly thing to do. |>Carburetors are inferior to Electronic Port Fuel Injection in every respect. |>EFI eliminates altitude air fuel mixture problems, float bowl angle issues, |>is smother, cleaner and more efficient. |>

|>What would ever inspire someone to spend time and money to give such a |>performance and reliability hit to there vehicle? |>

Having two vehicles and making one :)

I have a nice bronco with a carb and shot case; and a beat up one with fuel inj working engine. really would like to get the nice one working..

I have found a web page that talks of the conversion but keep getting a 404 error (page isn't there).

Any help??

|>> I've got a 1986 bronco with a 2.9 engine, I'd like to convert from a |>> fuel injection system to a Carburetor. Anybody have any advice? |>>

|>> Like what parts I need for this, Manifold - Carb and such. |>>

|>> I've searched the web and found nothing of use. |>> TIA |>

Reply to
Trax

why

for God's sake......WHY ?????????????????????

the carbed 2.9's were useless; whereas even the first year of the FI, the

86, was a great engine.......although the ECM wouldn't adapt more than 8000 ft in altitude (ask me about Monarch Pass on US-50 in Colorado)

Reply to
TranSurgeon

Yes, having adapted two Fords, a truck and a full sized Bronco from Carburetors to Port Fuel Injection, I suggest you put the whole fuel injected engine, computer and wiring harness into the carbureted Bronco...

It is not that complicated, and you will be very happy with the results.

If you have the wir>

Reply to
351CJ

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 18:14:59 -0700, Trax rearranged some electrons to form:

Why not drop the FI engine into the carb Bronco? That would be a much better result.

Reply to
David M

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 04:19:15 +0000, 351CJ rearranged some electrons to form:

Yeah, what he said!!

Reply to
David M

|>I've got a 1986 bronco with a 2.9 engine, I'd like to convert from a |>fuel injection system to a Carburetor.

Thanks for the input, I'll take a hint and not go to a carb :)

Reply to
Trax

|>Yes, having adapted two Fords, a truck and a full sized Bronco from |>Carburetors to Port Fuel Injection, I suggest you put the whole fuel |>injected engine, computer and wiring harness into the carbureted Bronco...

Thanks for the input That's the direction I'm headed now..

Reply to
Trax