Capacity of F350 Tire Jack

Does anyone know the capacity of the tire jack suplied with a 2005 F350 Supercab Diesel?

I had a flat on my fifth wheel yesterday and I'm debating whether or not to try to put the new tire back on the trailer myself or go through the hassle of getting the trailer ready to travel and have the tire place change the tire after they put the new one on the rim.

My trailer weighs about 13,000 pounds. The axle has a GVAR of 6000 pounds and the tires have a load rating of E which I think is a little less than 3000 pounds.

Reply to
rvfulltime

IMHO, you are probably alright to use the F350 jack. The jack would have to be designed for a load in the bed and that would exceed the weight lifted on the 5th wheel. I always carried a Bottle Jack for that purpose. They're small and can lift a lot of weight.

Reply to
Mellowed

If it'll lift the truck, it'll surely lift the trailer. After all, you're only lifting one wheel, not the entire trailer.

Reply to
Steve Barker