Curious Explorer Question

Hello,

I have a 2002 Ford Explorer. Every now and then my idle will go upwards of a 1000 rpm's. It only happens when I run the air conditioner. It happens every once in a while. After a short while the idle comes back down. I was wondering if anyone had a guess as to what was wrong or going wrong. I am thinking it is something like a throttle positioning sensor? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Reply to
Viper
1000 rpm's in drive not park. Park goes up over 1000 rpm's.
Reply to
Viper

Start by checking for vacuum leaks....

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

Its normal for the RPM to increase some when the AC clutch has engaged thus turning the compressor from the engine through a belt. The AC system regulates the cooling by controlling the time the compressor is run. Engine RPM is a little faster by design during the run times. Listen for the clutch to engage. There is a clack sound then it does. See if the increased RPM is concurrent with those clacks.

Reply to
columbotrek

Thanks for everyones help and advice.

Reply to