6.9 Diesel Water Pump

The water pump on my 1983 F-250, with 6.9 diesel, needs to be replaced. There are several brands of pumps available. Most likely will opt for a new pump instead of a rebuilt. I am trying to decide on which brand of pump to purchase. Prices are all over the map. Cardone, Airtex, Motorcraft and others are available. Quality and price are important.

Reply to
Clay

" What ever you do if you replace the water pump yourself. Make sure you put the two short bolts in the correct location. Top left and top right. Mark them as you take them out and put them back in the same place.

Reply to
TOBMA